TT Weight Outer Ring vs VPI Ring

Has anyone here directly compared the TT Weights mega ring made of nickel and copper to the VPI ring outer ring. If so, what differences did you hear?
moonguy
Adding to my initial post, I was wondering how the TT Weights mega ring at 2.3 lbs could out perform the VPI outer ring with a weight of 7 lbs.
Do the materials used and the precise machining on the TT Weights outer ring make a difference over the stock VPI ring?
I used to own a TTWeights all copper ring that Larry claimed smoked the VPI ring. He also touted copper as an ideal material (and superior to steel) for a periphery ring. I find it funny that, at least looking at their website, TTWeights does not appear to make all-copper rings anymore. So right off the bat, I'd be weary of any claims about the superiority of the ring or "our best yet." But I'm digressing. Now, even though I cannot directly answer your question, I can share my experience with the TTW ring I used to own and the VPI ring I own now that might hopefully help address your questions, even if indirectly.

I got the ring in the first place mostly due to concerns about warps and their detrimental effect on my cartridge. The TTW ring certainly did a nice job on warps. The effect on the sound was more subtle, but it certainly wasn't a negative one. At the time I purchased the TTW ring I could not imagine spending more than twice the money on the VPI ring, so for a much lower price, the TTW ring was an excellent alternative and I was very happy with it. The new owner of the ring is also very happy with it. So for those who can't afford to spend $700 for an accessory, the cheaper TTW rings are a great alternative to more expensive rings such as the VPI ring.

I decided that I would replace my TTWeights ring--when I could afford it--with the VPI ring when a friend of mine brought his VPI ring with him for a listening session at my house. I found the effect on the sound was more pronounced - the sound more focused, improved clarity and separation, more defined bass. I also liked the heft of the VPI ring better, which was no surprise since the VPI ring was at least twice as heavy. In addition, even though the TTW rings come with the centering plate that makes placement a breeze, I really liked the design of the VPI ring that simply fits snugly around the platter.

So even though I can't say how the TTW mega ring sounds in comparison to the VPI ring, I can't imagine it betters the VPI ring, which has stood the test of time and has a fantastic synergy with the VPI tables that can accommodate it. It's possible that Larry might at some point create a superior product, but it seems to me TTW keeps experimenting with materials and many of their claims are simply marketing tactics as you would expect of course.

P.S.
The VPI ring definitely does not weigh 7 lbs :)

Why would Harry lie about the 7 pounds? Could it be it is a shipping weight? I digress. I have a TTW on my Aries I since the VPI would not accommodate this model. I am happy with the sound improvement it has made. The centering plate is a god send. I understand that VPI is now sourcing rings from China at greatly reduced cost. Harry is a fox.