New tubes in Rogue M-180 Monoblocks

I understand the M-180s now ship with the KT-120 power tubes, instead of the KT-80. You can also simply replace the KT-80 with the KT-120 if you already own these amps. I'm curious whether anyone has done it and what their impressions are as far as the difference in sound. Is the over $300 upgrade worth it?
actusreus
I would double check with Rogue to be extra sure if your current pair M-180 monoblocks can handle the Tung Sol KT-120 tube to be extra sure.
The 120's draw greater heater current then the 90's. You have to make sure that your amp will handle that.
Alan
I've been running KT-120s in my M-180s for about 6 months. I'm still using the 12A*7 tubes that the amps shipped with.

Yes, I'd say it's worth it. My comments at the time I did the replacement were:

"They just give you more of everything: more treble, more colors, more drama. As happy as I was with the original sound of the Rogues, I always wanted a bit more texture and warmth on massed strings, and the KT-120s give you that."

Also, from what I've read, the KT-120 is a more robust tube than the KT-90. Depending on usage, I'd expect to have to replace 1-2 KT-90s a year (and a fuse blows when the tube blows). I haven't had a KT-120 blow yet, but only more time will tell.
08-29-12: Daverz
Also, from what I've read, the KT-120 is a more robust tube than the KT-90. Depending on usage, I'd expect to have to replace 1-2 KT-90s a year (and a fuse blows when the tube blows). I haven't had a KT-120 blow yet, but only more time will tell.

That seems like very poor longevity/reliability from the KT90 tubes - unless you're running the amps 24/7?
I bought my ARC amp S/H and I'm still using the same output tubes (SED winged C 6550) after 2 years. ARC tend to run tubes on a pretty rich bias too.
I'll chime in and completely agree with Daverz but add that there seems to be more lower end punch as well with the KT-120 tubes. Highly recommended if your amps can handle them.