Turntable recommendation

I am getting back t analog after being out of it for 20 years. What would be a good turntable recommendation if I want to buy used and spend $1800 to $2500? The default choice seems like the VPI Classic but reviews of that table indicate its midrange may be "dry" compared to other units. My system right now with Magico V3s is nicely balanced but leans toward the transparent side, and I would not want to exacerbate that--but neither do I want overly warm. Would like to spend $1000 or less on a cartridge, and thinking initially a Denon DLS1 if it mates well with the table. Phono preamp will be Sim LP5.3. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
teeshot
+2 on the Amadeus or Simplex recommendation. Who wants to post the inevitable "+3" and beyond? ;->
You can get New Rega P7 just for $1800 (Music Direct)
And get New Ortofon 2m black $450 (EBay)
And you will be set.
Amadeus....this question has been asked so many times in the past.

Amadeus! Amadeus! Amadeus!

Yes, I have one. It amazes me every day.
Thanks for the responses. There is a Dynavector DV500 table available now which was designed by Well tempered' designer Bill Firebaugh. What would a combo of that table and a separate arm such as Origin Live or other arm around $1000 be like?
Teeshot - Although I cannot answer your exact question about the Dynavector DV500, I can share a related perspective from personal experience. I owned and very much enjoyed the original Amadeus for about 1 year. I then switched to the Dynavector DV500 with the current iteration of the Dynavector tonearm because I want to start using different cartridges in that system, and the Dynavector tonearm makes it relatively easy to swap out cartridges. I find the two tables to be very similar sonically and musically, with one exception. The original Amadeus has slightly better lower frequency response. The same cartridge was used on both tables - the Dynavector XX2 Mk2. I hope this info is of some help to you. Good hunting!