Luxman PD-171 turntable

This is the new-ish turntable by Luxman. Has anyone heard one or own one? Is it any good? Thanks.
dave_72
It definitely looks nice, but for $6400 + at least $1500 for a decent cartridge, there's a lot of competition. My advice is if you're buying new, you should try to buy something from a local dealer who can demo it for you and set it up for you in your home if possible. Assuming of course, you like what he offers. Frankly, I think these online dealers are running a racket - full list price, but they don't have to give you a demo and home setup? Nice deal. Yes, I know that they have some room if you're buying something expensive, but dealers can do that too.
Well, that's a good way to go. However, most of the good (and reputable)online dealers give you a 30 day money back guarantee, as they should. But yeah, to charge full list is kind of bogus. Perhaps you can haggle with some of them? Anyway, I heard that the Luxman dist. is lowering the prices on Luxman gear. Apparently not the PD-171 unfortunately!
IMO what could hold this well built turntable back is the tonearm. From what i've read it's very similiar to a Jelco 750, not the type of arm I would want on a $6k deck. Luxman should consider an armless model, my hunch is sales would increase.
This is IMO, what a TT should look like. I lust after it for it's looks, but would have to hear it. I am no expert, but doesn't Jelco make arms for other larger companies. There is another pretty expensive German table that uses it, but the name escapes me. It's the table Axiss Audio imports. Dark Star is the model.