The New Clearaudio Ovation

I started another thread a couple of days ago but no responses, so I’ll ask a little differently. I recently purchased the Clearaudio Ovation and I’m using an Audio Note IQIII cartridge which was carried over from my previous Audio Note TT. I'm noticing some brightness in the new setup that was not there with the AN TT. My new table was professionally set up and I run all tubes so I’m thinking the brightness may be a mismatch with the arm/cartridge combo. Ideally, I would like to smooth things out and warm things up and I’m considering the Clearaudio Maestro or maybe one of the Grado wood bodies, but I’m open to suggestions. Budget is $1k - $2k. I will be buying the cartridge new. Anyone have any experience with these cartridges (ideally with a Clearaudio arm/table) Any help or comments would be very much appreciated.
jaffeassc
I have a Clearaudio Ovation with a Transfiguration Phoenix.
It, too, can run a tad bright.
I increased the loading to 1k (250 is recommended).
Problem solved. Try increasing your loading. It's worth a shot.
Also, don't use the little discs it comes with to go under its spikes. Put the table on a block of maple, if possible.
Thanks Nietz..., Using MM cartridge with no loading options in my phono. I originally had the TT on a maple platform with isolation under the wood and no little discs under the spikes. I found the "brightness" present in that set-up as well.

I'm going to take it to my dealer soon to check the set-up and also try adjusting the VTA as suggested above.

I believe its the AN cartridge. Although I didn't hear it with the AN TT, the Clearaudio is giving me much better extension in both the low and high ends. With the extension in the highs comes the brightness:-)
Had the table checked today. Everything was set-up correctly.

Picked-up some new tubes for my EAR 834 phono while I was there. Ultron 12AX7's (see another thread ongoing). Brightness GONE!!