Has anybody tried the Reed 3P?

I own the Reed 2A and have the 'Magnetic Reed' on lone which I can buy. But I am also curious about the 3P as a possible next one.

Regards,
128x128nandric
Nandric, Which hobby should I consider? How about stamp collecting? No, I may get those wet from crying about having no music. ;)

I'm glad you're having success with your setup. Maybe I'm over thinking it too much.

I'm also really enjoying my Reed 3Q alot. Very easy to setup and adjust. It's not to picky about cartridges and sounds great. If the 3P sounds as good as Vetterone says I may have to give one a try.

Sean

Gents,

you can see the video for 3P azimuth adjustment on the fly here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STaLd7p4HoM

Looks pretty cool!
Wow - that video is short but perfectly clear. Extremely clever engineering.

Regards,
I can easily see that to. But they seem to be pivoting the arm tube vs the cartridge/headshell...so is the geometry right here? While my TriPlanar is a manual (not on the fly and not while a record is playing!) it's also pivoting the arm tube.

So is this the best method and can you hear the geometry issues (if true?)? Seems like Reeds other arm does it better and arms like the graham phantom supreme...
I have a 12" 3P on order. From what I understand the only thing affected by azimuth adjustment on this arm, albeit slightly, is VTA. Now I can tell you in my experience adjusting VTA is no big deal. I'll be happy to post my impressions when I have this finally set up but as of now I'm not too concerned. The Talea is another arm with azimuth on the fly, also not at the headshell, and I haven't heard much debate on that so far. Mountain from a molehill? I'll find out soon enough but I'm not too worried. The other thing to consider here is the bearing on the 3P which is different from the other Reeds and should be a significant advancement.