Turntable hum problem after demagnetizing

I borrowed a friend's Benz Aesthetix demagnetizer to try out. (Oracle Delphi V, Wilson Benesch ACT 0.5, Benz LP-S, Cardas Golden Cross phono cable, Pass Labs XONO phono preamp). After using it, I now have a huge hum that wasn't there before. There also is static if I clean a record with my carbon fiber brush or touch it to the stylus. Also when I touch the tonearm the hum increases. What is going on??? Any help would be appreciated.
terrytam99
Everything is reconnected as before, including the ground. Tonight I pulled out an older phono cable to substitute and the hum is still there. That rules out the phono cable. I guess it's possible that the problem may be with the tonearm, but it sure a big coincidence that it happened right after demagnetizing....
Remove the cartridge and see if you still have hum. If you don't that means you ruined it. A demagnetizer is the worst tool to use they cause nothing but problems.
I forgot to ask. Did you remove the cartridge before demagnetizing? If not you might have ruined the tuntable motor.
Have you played a record and seen if you have both channels?

Check all connections from the cartridge to the phono cables.

Did you use the demagnetizer exactly as prescribed?