Upgrade from VPI HW-19 Mark IV turntable

I have a really good sounding VPI HW-19 Mark 4 table with the SAMA motor, wood body Benz H2 cartridge and a Premier MMT arm (running into an EAR 834P phono stage). Obviously the arm is probably the weak link on this setup. I have had the urge to move on and get a new turntable in the $2,000-$2,500 range (with cartridge). Would a new 'table in this price range be a big step up in sound quality, very little or none at all? I am considering VPI Scout, Music Hall 9.1, Rega's or any other suggestions. Would upgrading the arm be the best bang for the buck? Thanks in advance for your comments.
128x128resophonic
I think a turntable in the 2000 range with arm and cartridge would probably be a step down. I would definitely look into replacing the arm. The Audiomods is a steal for its performance. An SME 309 also works well on your table. Either can be purchased for less than $1500
Keep the Mark IV, it's one of the best turntables VPI ever made. I think you would have to spend way above your budget to get better and any of the models you mention would IMHO, be a backward step.
The Mark IV warrants a much better arm. I once had a Mark III and going from a Rega arm to an SME V made a huge difference.
Maybe look for a used Graham 2.2 ..... even a Mk1 Phantom might be had within your budget as would an SME-V. I've seen Basis Vector arms for sale for about $1500 (I bought one!) and at that price you get a real bargain. Basis arms can be a bit tricky to set up on non Basis turntables however.