System Reference Recordings

Understanding that everyone uses (or should use) a variety of recorded media and a variety of tracks/sides when giving a listen to newly added components, IC's, PC's, etc., let me ask this. What are the one or two recordings (CD and/or LP) that you reach for FIRST when bending that discerning ear? Artists, titles, labels..
4yanx
There is already a thread going on this very subject. Check it out

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?hbest&1024255477&read&h24&zzlMrderrick&&
Looked into both threads, I haven't seen much classical music. Some systems perform well until you start playing a symphony - gets congested. Could you guys add some good orchestra recordings in your recommendation? e.g., you can hear second violin third chair made a mistake? :) By the way, I don't like reference recordings. They are 'clean', but seems like something was missing from their recordings. I don't know if anybody else has the same feeling.
Here are some orchestral recordings on LP that will let you hear how well a system is performing. I've tried to keep mostly to some reissues that should still be available through the usual mail order sources (marked with *).

Stravinsky, Firebird, Dorati/LSO, Mercury SR90226 (Classic Records reissue)

Stravinsky, Le Sacre du Printemps, Solti/CSO, Decca SXL 6691 (Mine is the original and I haven't heard the recent reissued by Speakers Corner, but given their track record it should be good)*

Larsson, Concertino for Double Bass & Str Orch, Wedin/OskarshamnEns, Fredin -db, Opus 3 8502

Chabrier, Espana, Argenta/LSO, Decca SXL 2020 (Speakers Corner reissue)*

Kodaly, Galanta Dances, Kertesz/LSO, Decca SXL 6136 (Speakers Corner reissue)*

Varese, Ionisation, Mehta/LAPO and LA Percussion Ensemble, Decca SXL 6550 (Speakers Corner reissue)*

Ravel, Works for Orchestra, Skrowaczewski/MinnO, Analogue Productions APC 007 (Vanguard recording)*

Bartok, Music for Strings, Percussion and Celeste, Decca 6111 (Speakers Corner reissue)*
Thank you for your recommendation, Rushton. My system does not play LPs. Do you have any recommendation on CDs?