Pros and Cons of "Staying with" Analog and Vinyl

After having various turntables over the last 40 years, I am seriously considering getting out of analog. The "vinylists" argue that analog playback sounds more natural, musical, and provides more of an emotional response. I have experienced this feeling several times while listening to my modest vinyl collection, and tend to agree....until I begin hearing pops, clicks, surface noise. I keep my vinyl generally clean and protected

However, after listening to the 40th anniversay edition of Jethro Tull's "Aqualung" I am more convinced that analog is just not worth the time, money and, maintenance. The dynamics on new Aqualung are superb and there seems to be much more detail to what I remember of the Mobile Fidelity remastered recording

I have a modest analog set-up Rega P3-24 with their upgraded PS and the Dynavector 10X5 MC. I was on the verge of upgrading to the new Rega RP-6 which includes a newly design PS, and a choice of color plinths. Even with a generous trade-in value offered by the dealer, I would still be putting in about $1300 + which would get me into the Dynavector DV 20MKII ( above their 10X5.)

I personally don't see the value regardless of the sonic qualitative edge of analog. Maybe, the money could be spent elsewhere or not at all. BTW, I am not getting into computer audio, and am STILL not convinced that a BASIC DAC will bring me closer to analog sound quality. Members have recommended Peachtree's DACIT, and even the supposedly new and improved Musical Fidelity V-DAC II. I have a Rega Apollo player. A great sounding player, but it has its flaws.

Therefore, I would like to hear the pros and cons of staying with analog....or just dumping it. Thanks
sunnyjim
If you have a decent sized vinyl collection in decent condition, I suggest "...Staying with" Analog and Vinyl", if not then I'd suggest moving on. FWIW, I made such a consideration some time ago, besides having a tuner, I'm analogless.
Stay where you are, and don't invest another dime in analog. Start to sell of the vinyl and when the last lp is gone, sell the gear. I agree with you about bluray is the future with more refined dac's to come. Move to better speakers first. When Miles Blue comes out on bluray do a reality check against your vinyl of same. That will tell you that your vinyl affair is over.
This is a hobby, if there are aspects you have tired of, move on. If the joy is gone from the whole ritual of the album, let it go. Your current system sounds like a dandy. Keep it to at least transfer music you may not be able to get from another source easily.

I still love my turntable, but mainly use it for music I have on LP's that I do not have available on disc. And don't be so quick to dismiss computer audio, a good music server or such, may open up a new door of musical enjoyment. Most of all have fun listening to the music.
You answered your own question in that vinyl has the inherited problem with the noises you mention. That did it for me too, although I came to the conclusion years ago that the noise distracted me to the point of not caring if I listened to music or not. When you listen to live music, you don't hear all the noises you mention, so why do "audiophiles" continue to seek the "Holy Grail" in their equipment and yet tolerate the noise?
All the above responders gave good advice. It's your ears that are listening, and if the noise bothers you, get rid of the vinyl. Happy listening!
Post removed