Hi Fi Dealer in New York City?

I'm going to visit my son, and I want to take him to a hi fi dealer with a variety of inventory...either Brooklyn or Manhattan....Google was no real help....any suggestions?
paul_graham
One other dealer I forgot to mention, right across from Manhattan in Jersey City, is Audio Doctor, which has a very large selection of gear in all price ranges, some of which you might not be able to find in the other stores I mentioned. Their showrooms are in an old house, so they also can give you an idea of how the equipment might sound in a home environment. I think you might need a car to get there, though there may be bus routes--you should call ahead about that if you decide to go. There are other good dealers in NJ as well (for example, Xtreme Fidelity in Kinnelon, another home-based dealer, from whom I got to audition and purchase my Nola speakers and VAC amp), but you'll need a car to get to them. And if you do get a car, there are some Long Island dealers that others might recommend that might actually be close to Queens. Good luck!
I can recommend Audio Doctor in Jersey City, amazing shop with a wide range of gear from inexpensive to state of the art, I bought my Auralic Vega there. Dave is extremely knowledgable.

Audio Doctor in Jersey City is easy to reach via the Path train or Bus, and has an incredible selection of gear from inexpensive systems to the most exotic reference systems.

Very wide selection of gear, four sound rooms, chock full of really excellent brands, Kef, PSB, Dali, etc, all located in an old Victorian home on a quiet street, very cool shop.
I actually bought some gear from John Rutan - and he is the reason I am an audio geek today :)

I also frequent In Living Stereo. Steve is a low-key guy and its just a groovy place.