Turntable speed accuracy

There is another thread (about the NVS table) which has a subordinate discussion about turntable speed accuracy and different methods of checking. Some suggest using the Timeline laser, others use a strobe disk.

I assume everyone agrees that speed accuracy is of utmost importance. What is the best way to verify results? What is the most speed-accurate drive method? And is speed accuracy really the most important consideration for proper turntable design or are there some compromises with certain drive types that make others still viable?
peterayer
Sorry Dover,
I'm confused?
Are you saying that turntable link by Hiho is the Fat Bob?
Oh....OK.
You mean it was the Fat Bob in the video of the Timeline?
I agree.......not a very impressive performance for a turntable?
But it makes the point about 'stylus drag' very convincingly?
Syntax: In the other side why so that big deal with the thread when for so many years it was and is used. My Acoustic Signature TTs only accept thread drive and in my RX5000 I only use thread and hundreds of TTs out there are using thread for drive.

Maybe the thread drive is the new toy for you and as a rockie in that regards you are excited , come down you have to learn to much about.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Dear halcro: 1.5K?, ridiculous against that RX5000 that needs all that stuff to spin on target.

600.00 for my Denon and 250.00 for a Technics 1200 or 500.00 for the SP-10.

As I said: no big deal.

regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Hiho, According to me this is a Brinkmann TT . Probable made for Burmester himself because of the colour. However I have no idea why Burmester is so fond of white colour. I also have no idea why Dertonarm posted such a criptic answer because he must be familiar with this TT.

Halcro, I have no intention at all to burn holes anywhere near my Kuzma. BTW I start my Kuzma manualy in such a way that the speed is perfect from the first groove on. The effect is less wear for the stylus as well for the motors (there are two in my Kuzma,you know ).

Regards,