Miyajima Shilabe with Shindo preamp ?

I recently purchased a Shilabe, and want to get it up and playing soon. I have already spoken with the importer, and have received a few ideas from others. First priority is to play it with my Shindo preamp, and see how well it does. I have two TT setups, a WT Amadeus, and Basis 2500/Vector 3 arm. It was suggested that the latter would be the logical choice to simply try the cartridge. I may start another thread for other tonearm suggestions, but would still appreciate any opinions . The Thomas Schick, SME M2-12R, and Ortofon RS-309D are all considerations. Would like to keep tonearms in the $1800-$2500 range.
fjn04
Restock = Thanks for your experience of the cello sound. Do you recall the recording ?
Thanks for your seasoned experience, Fjn04. Since a low-output cartridge (.23) presents little challenge for Shindo's gain - how has an external SUT improved what you hear ? I'm skeptical because it's another link in the chain, another piece of connectivity, one-step removed from the source signal.
thanks,
-john
The cello recording was Starker playing the Bach Sonatas (the Mercury living presence reissue).
Dr John- To my ears, dynamic's are slightly better w/ the SUT. I may be losing a bit of air/detail on top w/ the SUT, but nothing that I have missed. Perhaps just a trade off, that for me, suits the type of music I listen to. That said, you are listening to a Giscours, which I am sure has a wonderful phono stage. If I was listening to the Giscours, I may in fact prefer it without. Fortunately, getting to try an SUT in your system should be easy enough. I bet it's seriously good as is though.