Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
If any direct comparisons were to be made between the RP and Redline products and I'm not sure they were, varying viscosity's certainly would make them suspect.
Ok, I'm game. I'll buy the RP XPR 05w-20 race oil and re-run the test(s) with the same weight Redline.
Don,
I ordered the special Achromat 1200 which was designed for the lip on the Technics 1200....so I suspect the underside is already tapered to accomodate this?
Will post photos when it arrives.
I've also got a glass mat on its way from Japan.
Apparently Victor produced one for their turntables and get this.....the instructions say that the pigskin mat is designed to go UNDER the glass mat...❓👀
This would never have occurred to me...🙈
Of course I'll try it both ways....but I wonder if you've tried a suede mat UNDER your Achromat..❓
Worth a try....those Victor engineers knew their 'onions'....👅👍
I also have the Victor pigskin mat that came with the TT-101
but have ever only used it on top.

Perhaps I need to get out more often.
Banquo, Keep in mind that the recommended Redline viscosity, and this is only for the Kenwood L07D, is straight 20W, not a blend. So, if you can find it, maybe compare that to RP 20W. Or, compare Redline in the 5W-30 weight to the RP 5W-30 you already own. But maybe also wait to hear back from Doron, if he responds to my post.

A quart of any of these oils should last several human lifetimes (let alone TT lifetimes), even for a freak like me who has 5 TT's, but dammit I cannot find my quart of Redline 20W. I am motivated to try it out in the TT101 and maybe also the SP10 Mk3.