Question: Is it "Tone Arm" or is it "Tonearm"?

I've seen it spelled both ways, (although mostly I've seen it as "Tonearm" in most Audiophile applications, which is how I typically write it). My Word program prefers it spelled "Tone Arm", when it comes to the spell check though.

What say you?
kurt_tank
Spell checkers may have made us soft, as they don't recognize many proper words. This probably led to the rise of Tone Arm. However, it's always been Tonearm.
Hey Kenny,

Now that I have started researching this, I am not so sure it has always been "Tonearm".
I am beginning to think it may have started as "Tone Arm", or possibly "Tone-Arm".

Check out this link discussing a phonograph from about a century ago.

1904 phonograph

I wish I could get copies of the patents, particularly those from the Victor Company, as it appears he may have truly invented the tone-arm, (or however you wish to spell it!!!) ;-)
Hey Bill, (Audiofeil)

I just happened to be checking out your website, and I saw the pictures you had of the Dynaudio Sapphire speakers you have for sale.

Dynaudio Sapphire

Wow, is all I can say. These are some of the most beautiful speakers I've ever seen. (Not that I can buy them, since I am in California, and you can't ship them - and I have no money anyway.) I've seen other pictures of them before, and while they look good, these look incredibly good. You called it an ivory finish, but it looks more like birds-eye maple in the photographs. More photographs would be appreciated!

Question: I've heard the Temptation speakers before. How do these compare to that?

FYI, I have no affiliation with Bill, or his company.
I just happened to notice these speakers, and since he was a contributer to this thread, I thought I would address him here.
Funny, I've always called it the "phono pic-up suspension mast/headshell assembly". Indecently, is it pic-up or pic up?

Hey, spellcheck does not recognize "phono" or "headshell"!
WTF? It doesn't think "spellcheck" is a word!?!