Graham Phantom Supreme?

Has anyone done a comparison between the Supreme and the mkII? Is it worth changing and expending the extra outlay?

The main revisions appear to be the bearing housing and an improved magneglide stabiliser (I think the internal wiring was up to a good standard already on the mkII)

There is a company called AudioMax Ltd (approved contractor?) which can perform upgrades from both Phantom I and Phantom II to the Supreme build.
Any experience of this conversion out there ?
Many thanks... :)
moonglum
P2S distance with the Phantom II can be measured accurately with the cap removed and the Feikert pin lowered into the damping well.
This is recommended by both Bob Graham and Feikert.
11-01-11: Halcro
P2S distance with the Phantom II can be measured accurately with the cap removed and the Feikert pin lowered into the damping well.

This is good to know. Does the well have a detent at the bottom of it for the pin to rest itself centered in the well ? I have damping fluid in there at the momement and connot remember what the bottom of the well looks like. Thanks in advance.
I shared this procedure I used with Chris Feickert, Michael Fremer, and those attending the event about 5 years ago during one of Michael's seminars at RMAF.

Halcro's comment is correct.

The Feickert alignment tool can be used in this manner with the bearing cap removed. The pin on the Feickert tool will position itself center of the bearing cap prior to locking down the threaded pin lock on the tool. Once the pin is centered and locked, the threaded lock for the measuring bar can be tightened. While doing this the platter should remain locked down. Overhang can then be verified with the platter locked down and the bearing cap replaced.

Dre
11-01-11: Halcro

That sounds messy. Unless starting with a dry well, the Feickert's pin will be dipping in the damping fluid - which is so sticky a fair bit of fluid will be removed.
You could fashion yourself a perspex location device for the feickert similar to the one used by the Uni-tractor. It uses concentric circles on the perspex plate to locate the tool over the centre point of the bearing. Maybe you could get one of those locating plates from 'dertonarm' - it looks like it might fit the feickert(?).
I personally use the MintLp arc protractor and think its a far easier and possibly more accurate solution.
P2S is simple
In the Box is a Pin for the spindle and a hole for it in the Headshell from the Armtube. Just flip it over and it is done and correct. Mark the 4 holes for drill and you are on the safe side. With the 9" Standard Arm of course.