Inexpensive Phono Cables Recommendations

I would appreciate a little advice from the Forum concerning phono cables recommendations.

As a threshold matter, I realize that the subject of phono cables has been exhausted on the Forum. So, please note that I have done my own research by reading through quite a few threads and have a general sense about the importance of phono cables. Although, asking an open-ended question about cable recommendations is a little like asking for "best speaker" recommendations (over 1300 posts on A'gon so far and still counting), it seems that the Cardas name comes up frequently.

I have two general questions: (1) How important are the I/C cables from the phono pre TO the line stage?? If important, I would appreciate some inexpensive suggestions that will yield a lot of bang for the buck. The cable I/Cs will need to run 10-12 feet from the phono pre to the line stage AND are RCA single ended. (2) I would appreciate some inexpensive suggestions for phono cables from the TT TO the phono pre. The phono cables will need to run roughly 5-6 feet from the TT to the phono pre and are also RCA single ended.

I realize that recommendations can be equipment specific, so here's a summary of the relevant equipment. Cartridge: (a) currently using a DV 20X2H MC, output voltage is 2.3 mV; but also (b) trying to buy a VPI Zephyr MI, output voltage is 2.4 mV, Zephyr looking to see 47K ohm impedance and 100-200 pF capacitance. TT is VPI Classic 1 w/ upgrade Classic 3 tone arm. Phono pre is an ARC PH-7, selectable input impedance (incl 47K ohm) and 200 pF capacitance. Linestage is an ARC Ref 3.

As can be seen from the specs listed above, the VPI Zephyr is looking to see between 100 and 200 pF of capacitance (I assume that's a "ceiling," not "floor"), BUT my PH-7 will present the cartridge with 200 pF of capacitance. So, on the surface, it appears that the cable I/Cs between the TT and the PH-7 should probably not present significant additional capacitance, or else, I assume, there may be a degradation of sonics.

Thanks.

P.S. I am embarrassed to disclose what I am currently using for phono I/Cs, but just assume that they are NOT strings held tauntly between Campbell Soup cans.

Oh. . . very important fact -- I do NOT use a ground wire and there is NO hum.
bifwynne
From phono to pre I'd recommend running balanced interconnects that will be beneficial and superior for analogue set up. Mogamy Gold series 10' microphone cable will be approx $40 each and $80 for pair.
As to tonearm wire if you're savyy to rewire yourself you can get the bulk from VanDenHul which probably has the best value for the dollar. http://www.vandenhul.com/p_D09AR.aspx
Signal cable makes some nice cables for phono use, 3 foot set with bullet rca's, about $120
I would have to agree with Glai in that Cardas tonearm cable is an EXCELLENT very NO nonsense choice I use the Neutral Reference which while inexpensive excels detail retrieval, coherence among other areas.

I would put this on your list to auction.
Hm...Something tells me replacing his $6000 PH-7 with something that will allow a balanced cable run is going to exceed $400.