One of my closest friends is gone.

Brooks Berdan died yesterday. I loved him like a brother. He was a legend in audio. I believe no man knew more about analog and turntables than Brooks. He was a kind, considerate and compassionate man. My heart goes out to Sheila, Brian and Jennifer. I will miss him.
narrod
That's really sad. He has always helped me out with my analog rig. I will miss him.
I'm shocked and saddened. My first visit to Brooks Berdan was this past Saturday, July 2nd 2011, during a family vacation trip to Southern California. I very much enjoyed my time talking with Brooks, his son Brian, the rest of the staff, and a few of the local audiophiles that were at the store when I stopped in. I immediately felt at home with everyone there. My prayers and condolences go out to his family.

Dre
Can one of you who knew him tell us more about him? I never heard of him, but it sounds like he worked in a high end store. I would like to hear the back story.
Anyway, my condolences to his family, and those of you who lost a friend.
He owned Brooks Berdan in Monrovia Ca. The store has been around over 20 years. Brooks was an analog guru. He probably knew more about Turntables than anyone in the world. I believe he has a collection of over 300 vintage TT. He was a very nice man and always helpful. I will miss him.

I very much enjoyed my time talking with Brooks, his son Brian, the rest of the staff, and a few of the local audiophiles that were at the store when I stopped in. I immediately felt at home with everyone there.

My sentiments...exactly. I live in San Diego and had only been there once or perhaps, twice. I hadn't the privilege of exchanging greetings with Brooks.

My condolences to the Berdan family and friends.