Uni-Protractor Set tonearm alignment

Looks like Dertonarm has put his money where his mouth is and designed the ultimate universal alignment tractor.

Early days, It would be great to hear from someone who has used it and compared to Mint, Feikert etc.

Given its high price, it will need to justify its superiority against all others. It does look in another league compared to those other alignemt devices

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgtnrm&1303145487&/Uni-Protractor-Set-tonearm-ali
downunder
Dear Curio, the UNI-Protector positioning arm has a round reticle locator - that way you can locate the exact pivot center of the tonearm by optical "locking in" the outer boundaries of the round bearing house.
That is done without touching the Graham at all.
Cheers,
D.
I wonder what number I am. 007 would be good :-)

I am interested in how the Uni tractor's " Phantom" specific jig works.
The Graham alignment jig gives better results than the Mint when you use a magnifying glass.

I am more excited to see if the Exclusive EA-03/10 designers alignment sounds better than standard Stevenson
The Graham alignment jig gives better results than the Mint when you use a magnifying glass.

If you have a magnifying glass and a MintLP for Graham you 'll discover how much inaccurate & approximate is the Graham Jig
Curio

I have both the MintLP for the Phantom and use the magnifying glass and the designers Graham geomtry sounds better IMO.

I believe the MintLP tractor for the Phantom uses Baerwald geometry. Bob Graham does not. That would be the primray reason why the Graham alignment gauge (when used correctly) would not match the MintLP.

I too thought that the Graham jig was flawed, but guess what. I actually spent some more time and effort in using Grahams's geometry and it does indeed sound better and more musical to my ears.

that in the long run is what matters. That is why the Uni Tractor appeals to myself, as hopefully there will be another level of accuracy, but with the geometry of the tomearm designer.

Try it for yourself and let us know your results.

cheers
Dear Downunder, you are right. Baerwald IEC isn't always and a priori the best calculation curve for every tonearm. It is good for a 9" tonearm designed according to Baerwald IEC ( that is it's off-set angle ) and tracking mostly records cut following IEC standard ( means: long lead-out groove ).
There are good reasons why there are other calculation curves too.
Cheers,
D.