td-01 chinese tonearm?

Has anyone got any info on this item. There is one for sale on ebay right now. Uses a wood tonearm shaft with a ceramic unipivot bearing with a string that seems to center or otherwise hold it in place. Interesting looking design, but I'd like to know more.
manitunc
I haven't seen one either. One thing that I would be concerned about is, the stylus always has a different pull/drag on it. With that issue, the arm may move some, causing problems. Hopefully, someone like Stereophile will test one then we'll know more.
where do you think the string goes after it leaves the top of the tonearm. I assume it is attached to the ceramic ball, and that the weight of the arm holds the ball into its oil dampened socket and the string is just used to keep the arm aligned from side to side so it doesnt just fall over. But is that string tied off somewhere, and is the allen bolt on top adjustable to tighten the string?

A nice looking arm, and very simple. Just wonder how it sounds.

the weight of the arm holds the ball into its oil dampened socket and the string is just used to keep the arm aligned from side to side so it doesnt just fall over.

I thought the string hangs the arm and the ball is inside the oil well but not touching the bottom. Instead of using a magnet, like Schroder, to stabilize the arm from swinging all over the place, the designer use an oil bath to damp unwanted movement. I believe this is the same seller who infringed the Schroder patent and Frank took action against it and now he came up with a different design. Instead of magnet, now it's oil. Very similar concept to the WTA.

Your idea would work too but is closer to a classic unipivot design with the assist of a string for stability.

_____
I'm not sure I'd agree that it's a similar concept to the Well Tempered arm. There can't be more than a drop or two of damping fluid in the well of the TD-01, and the contact area of the ceramic ball is very small. The amount of damping would be miniscule compared to relatively gigantic paddle and fluid well of the WTA. Also, no easy way to adjust azimuth as on the WTA.

Not saying it wouldn't work, or even be better than the WTA; just saying the concepts aren't that similar.

David