Good turntable needed, need recomendations.

I am not a vinyl guy but want to become one I have a pair of Vandersteen Sevens coming in and want a source to match. With speaking with my dealer he recommended a Basis turntable. Everything I read states they are good and the vacuum system is the way to go. This puts me into a 20K table though. I am thinking that is just too much money for what I see there.

My problem also is that although the basis tables look nice they all looks like a 3K table, unless you go to the insane models.

So I really think 15K on the top end is my budget I rather be around 10k. But really want something I will like to look at as well.

Part of my issue is being an amateur machinist and a wood worker a piece of cnc plexi glass for thousands of dollars just doesn’t excite me.

Any recommendations, or is the Basis the way to go, thanks in advance for you input.
programmergeek
Get an SME Model 10 fitted with a IV or IV arm. Put an Ortofon Cadenza Black on the arm and you will have a wonderful sounding turntable that is a work of modern industrial art and will last and last and last.
Take into consideration also: VPI Classic, Thorens TD-550 and Kuzma Stabi Reference.
I'm not into recommending decorations for HT rooms. If you want to have the pleasure of seriously listening to an excellent sounding table that practically has no noise floor, let me know. Otherwise, call a decorator.