A Copernican View of the Turntable System

Once again this site rejects my long posting so I need to post it via this link to my 'Systems' page
HERE
128x128halcro
Dgob, So how do you have things set up now? What is the arm tower sitting on?
Dear Dgob - congratulations - isn't it a grand feeling getting closer to the music and the family at the same time.

Is the feeling a little more special this time around because this upgrade cost practically nothing ?

Dear T-Bone you said - b) taking out the symposium (two isolation methods next to each other is usually worse than just one in my experience) - both of which should have improved things.

I believe my set up supports this as well – my sp10 is on 4 inches of maple which itself sits on the spiked columns of the actual stand – not another shelf.
Cheers Chris
Atmasphere,

I've reattached the support base to the Mambo arm tower and then placed 5.5kg weight on that. I've kept the two (of the three)exposed spikes on the column and then drilled and tapped a 6mm hole at the end of the support base: so as to have a tripod of spikes that hold the whole thing about 3mm above the birch wall shelf. I've then rolled four small balls of blue tac and placed these under the four corners of the support base (the weights ensure that the blue tac is squashed firmly against the platform (or plinth!)and that the arrangement is grounded through the three spikes.

It's not the prettiest arrangement (given the old small bar bell weight that I have used on the arm tower/ supporting base) but it really works and is costless - until such time as I can obtain a more aesthetically pleasing arm tower.
Chris,

No doubt about it. The importance of unexpected family appreciation has only been further enhanced by the fact that it has cost me nothing to achieve these results: other than a little time in ensuring perfect set up parameters.
Are there any launching dates of Raul' s tonearm and Dertonearm's turntable? Do we see something in 2011?