upgrade phono stage ?

As a given, I buy from an audio dealer who accepts trade ins, and I must work with what is available.
I am thinking of either upgrading my Bias 2 cartridge to an Elys 2, or upgrading my NAD PP2 to a Rega Phono. It seems that an improvement in phono stage could pull more from the Bias 2 cartridge, whereas the cartride upgrade might not be as beneficial with the same NAD PP2 phonostage ?
garn509
>>01-05-11: Blue_starfish
The Dyna P75 is special only if used in conjunction with Dyna carts<<

Incorrect.

There is nothing unique about the P-75 which makes it "special" with Dynavector cartridges. Some may prefer the combination while others may not.

It's purely subjective.

Dealer disclaimer
Musical Surroundings Nova or Nova Phonomena, the Phonomena is surprisingly good. Either used is a good deal!!!
If there is plenty of life in your cartridge then a phono upgrade would be my recommendation. However I agree with the above that get one that will last you a turntable upgrade. If it were me 2nd hand Lehman Black Cube, MS Phenomona or Ray Samuels Nighthawk would be great value. Everyone I know who has bought the Dynavector has on sold it in less than 12 months.
If I go the trade in/upgrade route with this dealer, and stay under $200, my choices are limited to what he has. I can stretch to Clearaudio entry level, but have been cautioned that Clearaudio and Benz cartridges are taller than Regas, meaning the Rega tonearm must be shimmed. My questions about Clearaudio
are posted in other threads