EMT 927 vs. Micro Seiki 5000 or 8000 - different?

Did any one test those machines in the same set up? What was the outcome? Idler-Drive in its best built quality vs. the well rated heavy belts from Japan.
thuchan
In_shore, I know that I am entering some kind of an 'minefield' but the crafmanship needed to produce those
platters and bearings may be lost meanwhile so the question
is if the CNC lathes can compensate for this loss. I have
difficulty to believe that all of those admireres of Micro
5000, 8000, etc. are daydreamers.

Regards,
Does anyone know what is so special about the big M-S turntables, apart from their obvious build quality, which can after all be matched by several of today's high end belt drive turntables? They seem to use an inverted bearing; is there anything special about the materials used in the bearing? How is the bearing lubricated? The motor assembly seems quite large but probably in part due to the incorporation of an elecronic drive system. The belt? I know a guy who used to sell M-S in the 80s and 90s. He thinks of them as "good" but not mind-blowing. I don't necessarily take his opinion as gospel. I am interested to learn more.
Nandric, Please don't take me wrong,my last added paragraph is laced with sarcasm.
Mark
In_shore, In some countrys you need to tell in advance that
you intend to tell a joke. Then depending on their upbringing (aka politeness) thy should laugh. I love jokes
so I am very sorry to have missed the point. But we agree
about those ''old TT's'' I think.

Regards,
Nandric Being born in the new world to a German mother and Scottish father the influence of both cultures I guess made me this way, no harm intended at all and yes we arein full agreement.
Mark