Christmas Music

Always looking for recommendations, I will give a couple.

The Gold Standard: Cantate Domino, Proprius
***one of the absolute favorites in the entire collection***

Also check out the sampler "Christmas Gift" from Dorian 90008. Excellently recorded and a variety sure to please someone. Very inexpensive direct from label. (Get a few of their other samplers and treat yourself if you are unfamiliar with this label.)

Vince Guaraldi Trio, A Charlie Brown Christmas, Fantasy

Lots more, but I will let others pile on the list.

Happy Holidays,

Charlie

p.s. Happy Hanukkah
danvetc
I like: HANDEL: MESSIAH---THE ENGLISH CONCERT/PINNOCK
A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS---VINCE GUARLDI TRIO
CRESCENT CITY CHRISTMAS CARD--WYNTON MARSALIS
(this might not be exactly Christmas but it Holiday music)
Holidays & Epiphanies---DALLAS WIND SYMPHONY
My favorite is Jill Sobule's "Merry Christmas From The Family". Need to get it off KaZaa as it's not on her albums. And get a can of fake snow from the Stop N' Go while you're out.
I have to say I am quite impressed with Jim Brickman's CD "The Gift". As it is a HDCD, it sounds great (on my HDCD CDP).

Mattybumpkin
A couple of great recordings that are wonderful to hear and really bring out everything in your system are 1) Holly Cole, "Baby, It's Cold Outside" (2001 Alert Music 6152810382) and 2) David Benoit, "Christmastime" (1983 AVI Record Productions R279161). Honest to goodness, these are good enough to be reference recordings to use while analyzing components. Plus, and more importantly, they are a great listen.

Many of the Narada Christmas Collection cds are also quite good (e.g., 1988 Narada Productions "Narada Christmas Collection" ND-63902 and the 1992 "Volume 2" ND-63909).