The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Tiltedhalos the dealer in Philly is David Lewis audio. The store is in the N/E part of the city.
Mrmitch, it's a whole new ballgame after you coat the BOSE 901's speaker drivers with wood glue !!....

After three months my modified 901's are still improving and I'm sure there be a lot more raves as more people try this !!.... WOW !!....................
Curious how the wood glue tweak improves with time, that stuff dries fairly quick. I guess it stiffens and damps the drivers some, but it seems strange that it would make so much of an improvement. Anyway hopefully more people report on this, it is intersting that such a tweak could transform the sound. What other speakers have owned before the 901's?
Travbrow , I had some used Quad ESL 988's before the Bose 901's.

These modified 901's are taking a very very long time to break-in really good. As the months go by the total balance is getting more refined and its no telling how much longer its going to take to sound their very best.