Schroder sq and the new talea

I heard there was to be a fun time of learning and comparing of these two arms at the rmaf. Since the talea is relatively new, it still has to stand the test of time with comparisons on other tables, other systems and the selective and subjective tastes of discerning audiophiles! There is to be a comparison in one of the rooms at the rmaf this year, which i wasnt able to make. I would be curious to hear some judicial, diplomatic, friendly talk about how they compared to each other in the same system and room. I currently own the origin live silver mk3 with a jan allaerts mc1bmk2 and am enjoying this combo but have become curious about the more popular "superarms" Hats off to both frank and joel.

I hope this thread draws more light rather than heat. If someone preferred one arm over the other it would be OK. With all the variables it doesnt mean that much to me. What matters to me is what it sounds like to me and in my room. With that said...

What was your bias? was it for the schroder or the talea?

cheers!...
vertigo
Halcro, Raul: I am fully agreed that synergy is very important to get the optimum result. I wish I have the ZYX with the DaVinci.

I have spent many hours with the DaVinci using with different kind of cart, more than the Talea. I think I have grown to know its basic characteristic and it is so easy for me to decide which tonearm that I want to live with or without.
Lew, you're right about the DV1s weighing more than the Universe (just by feel....I have only a mass of 12.6 gm for the Dyna but nothing for the ZYX), but why did you guess heavier rather than lighter?
And yes......I was commenting on cartridge/arm matching rather than the respective merits of the 2 cartridges.

Raul's point about the difficulty of designing a truly 'universal' tonearm is well taken.
Of my 3 tonearms on the Raven AC-3, the Copperhead arm came 2nd (although by the smallest of margins), with both the Universe and the DV1s. The DaVinci was best with the Universe whilst the Phantom II won with the DV1s.
When high compliance MM cartridges were installed however, the Copperhead won with every single example.
So trade-offs are inevitable I think if the aim really IS to design a 'universal' arm, and don't forget, the arm designers usually use one or two cartridges to 'voice' their tone-arm designs so synergy with those selected cartridges may necessarily compromise the synergy with others?
Dear Peterayer: Guillermo and I think that about quality performance our tonearm ( shows it through different prototypes. ) achieve the " universal " main target that we point out during our on desk design previous to start tonearm building.

We are trying to finish with all the tonearm " facilities " that we need as a tonearm users.

Unfortunatelly we take a lot of time because Guillermo and I were/are no full time dedicated to the tonearm project, we advance on it through our " free time " and due that our main target of " universal " characteristic we have to made and make " hundreds " of tests with dozens of every single cartridge you can imagine: current models, vintage ones and LOMC type as MM/MI too and I have to do it with our tonearm design and with almost any other tonearm you could think: not an easy task I can say but worth the effort in benefit of MUSIC and the improved enjoyment that all of us deserve.

. Certainly that in the first middle of next year will be out there.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Hi, my name is Larry, this is my brother Daryl, and this is my other brother Daryl.
Halcro, How ironic that the least expensive cartridges, as a class, sound best on the most expensive tonearm (the Cobra). But by some accounts, they should sound good on relatively inexpensive vintage tonearms, like the AT1100, the Black Widow, the Micro Seiki CF group, etc.

I guessed that the XV1s would outweigh ZYX, because the latter just looks to have a minimal lightweight structure, whereas the XV1s looks "built like a tank" and therefore may weigh more than average. I've seen the DV1S whilst haunting audio salons in Tokyo.