cartridge loading

I am running a grado red with a project se II tube phono preamp. It is a mm cart that works on the tube box factory setting which I believe is 47kohm. I am getting some annoying hum and am wondering if any other settings on the tube box would be better. There are DIP switches that can be set for both mm or mc loading.
fromunda
If your preamp will not allow you to install the resistor, then you have to go with the switch positions they provide.

Personally I prefer to do as much loading with resistors as I can, rather than capacitance. I worry about the capacitor and inductance of the cartridge becoming a tuned circuit...
My preamp has RCA jacks for loading. What kind of resistors shold I be looking for and where can they be purchased? They have to have axial leads as I will solder them to the RCA plugs. Thanks, Don
Well, upon experimentation I have found the right load settings. For the Project tube box II, it would appear to be 100pF on one side and 220pF on the other, set in the mm mode. Sounds wonderful, thanks for all the tips guys!!
Dear fromunda: Capacitance on MM/MI cartridges always makes a " difference " and when you find out the right value then you " know it ".

Good you are " there ".

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Donaudio, all the feedback I have ever had says that you want to put the best resistors in the loading that you can. Vishay, Caddock; that sort of thing.