Great lost lps...the 80s....synth pop and others..

the Church-Blurred crusade-A great lp by one of the most criminally underated band of the 80s...they flirted with the bigtime years later on "starfish"...nice clean production as well...

Real Life-Heartland-a lost synth pop classic from another Aussie band....

Thomas Dolby...first two lps....

The Woodentops....any lp...

Close Lobsters...Foxtails....
128x128phasecorrect
I have many of the titles you guys have been mentioning. I love to play Propaganda P-Machinery on vinyl to demonstrate the bass response of my system; that song will shake my entire house when I play it. Also, I was curious if any of you have the Blancmange LP with West India Company "Ave Maria" on the flip side? "Ave Maria" was really huge at the dance clubs back in the early to mid 80's, and I picked up that 12" at one of the DJ record stores at the time.
Jon
God! I forgot about...Big Pig, Echo and the Bunnymen, Anne Clark, Ofra Haza, The Jack Rubies ("Horse With No Name" is killer.), The 77's (Christian), Patrick O'Hearn (really, just Eldorado), William Orbit/Torch Song, Adam Again(Christian), Tonio K (some of which is dated)...Whew! I was a d.j. then, what a time warp!! Look them up, refresh your memories, educate your ears, and meet with those no longer with us (Ofra Haza and Gene Eugene of Adam Again). Happy hunting!
the first Orb LP is dated 1989...
I was a big fan of the 4AD label, with recording done by John Fryer-
That West India Company "Ave Maria" was really cool.
Back in those days I really went for the 12" singles. Talk Talk was usually a lot more interesting in 12" single format.
Simple Minds lost me after about their 4th album.
He Said
Savage Progress
Strange Advance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEDw2P4Yjx0
Nice one, Atmasphere. 4AD really had my heart for awhile. I have a friend who still buys most of what 4AD puts out on lp. I hope to one day hear some of it through your products. :)

I was kicking myself for not mentioning Camouflage, but it was just a matter of time. ;) To keep things alive, anyone else get into Kie the Vez, Dark Voices, Majestic . . . *checking thread* . . . and is there agreement that Arcadia was a better DD side project than Power Station? Or maybe I'm not being fair.