Herbie's vs. Hal-O's, Tube Dampers whats good?

Lots of tube dampers on the market. Some look pretty cheap and scary. Whats a good brand to buy? Herbie's and Hal-O look like they're well made. What about the orange ones? anybody know?
128x128zeal
I use Pearl Tube Coolers. They give both a cooling and damping effect. Reasonably priced, easy to use, but they can break fairly easily. I tried Golden Dragon dampers and was very disappointed. Kept falling off the shoulders of my 300B tubes.

Art, dampers are purported to lessen some noise- a lot of tubes, particularly smaller signal tubes, are prone to microphonics- they make noise with vibration.
I'm wondering how would I change the tone with placement of the tube dampers on the tube. I'm trying to get more warmth. I have a new Rogue Athena pre and its just a little bright due to the 6h30 super tubes. I have the old plastic Herbie's and they're pretty good. I need to get 8 dampers for my EL34's and at least 4 dampers for the 6H30's. I heard its too late to turn in the old dampers for the new ones. Shucks!
Oops, almost forgot, has anyone tried those "Orange dampers"?
do they melt on the tubes?