Anybody own any direct-to-disc LP's?

I remember in the mid 70's direct-to-disc LP's were being touted. As I can remember, the concept sure sounded like a good idea. I was in college and had just bought my first receiver back then and could barely afford cut-outs or promotional LP's from my local record store. No way could I afford the premium prices for the direct to disc LP's. Decades later when I eventually found my way to high end audio, direct-to-disc had long vanished. Were they that good?
128x128mitch4t
If you can find a copy of "For Duke" D2D by M&K Realtime, your doubts about D2D will vanish. I also found a treasure one day back in the 80s in a cut-out bin. It was a D2D, 45rpm RCA of Beethoven's Passionata. It was recorded in Japan. Difficult to track due to the wide dynamic range, but sounds awesome with the right cartridge.
Another great D2D album is "Just Friends" by LA4 (Ray Brown et al)
Fantastic recording, as is the "For Duke" previously mentioned...
b
Tonywinsc's recommendation for the Beethoven is spot on. Astonishing dynamics; our audio club has been very impressed with it. RCA made a few D2D recordings in Japan at that time (I think it was around the mid 70's), using Japanese artists--I have another one with a swing band. The Sheffields are also excellent--I bring out some of these records, among others, when I want to show a sceptic just how good vinyl really can sound.
If you remember Holt's Law, the better the recording the worse the music you will be prepared for some of the D2Ds, like the Sheffield Drum Record; but others are quite good musically.
Yeah, once a year you can knock your socks off with the Sheffield Drum Record.

The Concord "Just Friends" by LA4 is one exception to the feeling I have that I don't want to really listen to these d2d records.