Ortofon A90 or Air Tight PC-1

Has anyone compared these two cartridges? How would the A90 match with an SME V arm? I've just read so many glowing reviews in the press and on Audiogon that I'm curious about the A90. Thanks.
peterayer
Albert, I agree with you on many topics but not on the Air Tight PC-1. When I had the PC-1 for testing it was not sounding really good despite the good tests it received. I assume they had to bring out a Supreme version very quickly because of that. I heard many complaints of PC-1 users (but not openly) who expressed exactely what I had experienced with this cartridge.
The Ortofon A90 is a far better cartridge than the PC-1, more openly and with a deeper soundstage.
Until today I ask myself how it was possible to sell so many units from a cartridge which was not developed to its full capabilities?
Let's be honest: The PC-1 is an awful cartridge.
I only listen to it when I get paid for.
"Awful" is a harsh word to describe the PC-1. My thoughts on assessing any component is it's ability to make music within a system. I have not experienced any individual component that sounds equally great/poor/indifferent regardless of the system it is inserted. My memory of the PC-1 is of it being very musical, somewhat lacking in delineation, yet very enjoyable. I have not heard the Ortofon.
Dear Peter: I agree totally with Thuchan and Syntax: the PC-1 is no challenge/contest for the A-90 and from my experiences not either the Supreme.

Btw, Albert price never is a synonimous of better quality performance. The A-90 is " inexpensive " against the non-sense Coralstone but this one IMHO is only different but not better performer.

Ortofon IMHO does not needs to over-price their cartridges for people " believe " is better than it is.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Hello

I have heard the A90, Air Tight PC-1, and Air Tight PC-1 Supreme, on an SME V in the same system.

I personally liked the Air Tight Supreme and the Air Tight PC-1 more than the A-90, on the SME V. I thought the A-90 sounded way to bright/lean/mechanical pick your adjective on the SME V. That being said I have the A-90 sounding better than I ever had either of Air Tight's sounding on a Reed Tonearm.

Nonetheless, I am still not completely sold on the A-90 as as an ultimate performer, however, it is a strong performer IMO. I am going to place the A-90 in a few more systems, before I have my final opinion on it.

Dealer Disclaimer, I sell competing products to all cartridges mentioned, and personally like those I sell more, just being honest ; 0 )

David
Almost Live Audio