Well Tempered Amadeus turntable, giant killer?

From all that I have read, it seems to be a giant killer, but no discussion here. I am probably going to buy one as soon as I get back to my main system.
tbg
Buda, Up to a point, the brain does a wonderful job compensating for gradual hearing loss. The NIDCD hardly went out on a limb making that claim; I would wager that no one at the age of 65 or over has the measurable hearing acuity that he or she had at age 18. That would be zero persons. Anyway, nobody's perfect. On the other hand, experienced listeners develop skills that make them better judges of audio equipment, or not, compared to any 18-year-old.

What I decry is the Emporer's-new-clothes psychology that comes into play when there is hysteria surrounding a new product, such as the Amadeus. And now apparently we have Mr. Firebaugh quoted (above) as saying that some other newer turntable product is "the best he's heard". (Hope I got that right.)
Buda, several comments. I don't know what you are talking about with the Brilliant Pebbles. I never said any such thing. Second, you need to study the process of selective perception. It is a two way street. Some do not hear or see things because they believe they won't. But in reality one man's giant killer is worthless to another. I never said that I believed the WTA was a giant killer but that many others have said so. I have not heard it.

As to your gratuitous comments about my age and hearing. From about six months after birth, humans begin to lose the ability to hear hi gh frequencies. I am no exception. In a recent hearing test, I can only hear frequencies to 15.5k Hz. But many people of all ages have irregular frequency responses across the range of hearing. My doctor said that mine remain what they were when I was 50. What evidence do you have that you are abnormal?

I totally agree with you that Audiogon or any site affords the opportunity for people to decide for them self. I'm curious as to why you seem so incapable of reading that I was merely inquiring whether others had favorable experiences with this turntable. I do wonder what your vendetta is based on. Did I give you an F?
Unoear and Lewm,
You bring up valid points! I was just busting Norm’s chops and did not intend to suggest everyone over 65 should stop enjoying hi-end audio or has a valid view point. In fact, I have several Audio friends who are in the “Norm” years that I think highly of. My comments were directed at Norm’s history of pontificating to other Audiogoners on topics that are on the audio fringe at best. His techniques to discredit opposing viewpoints come from a long teaching carrier. Norm was a Political Science Professor at Texas A&M (explains a lot). I was fortunately NOT one of his students. I am sure that I would not have lasted long in his class because I tend to ask questions.
Buda, again I don't understand you. What does, "Norm’s history of pontificating to other Audiogoners on topics that are on the audio fringe at best." mean. I suspect you are talking about my strong feelings about "objectivists' notions of science, which I would agree don't have much to do with audio or science. Apart from that I merely express my experiences with products and never any "pontification." If you can give me an example and you are correct, I will apologize.

Again, you seem in violation of your displeasure with "pontification" with your comments on my being a retired professor and supposedly not allowing questions.
Norm, did you ever try the Amadeus? I've been thinking about getting one to replace my Linn.