Why three motors?

Can someone enlighten me on the wisdom of having a three motor turntable like the TW Acustic with only ONE side of the belt touching the platter?

Here is an example.

I just don't get it...
hiho
Gents, let me explain,this is a very compex response so read carefully.

Dear Downunder, thank you very much for your insight and warning. It is indeed VERY complex, I read it carefully AND very s-l-o-w-l-y.

Probably that Pic from the Raven is an old one, guess Raven Mk 33.3, you see it, that the belt is stretched. The later generation has one with higher specs (but I am not sure). But it saves the owner some money, he pulls away the motors and can use it some more time. Great. This German knows what the Audiophile needs.

When I realized the striking idea and empirical research behind it, I was stunned in awe...

Yes, never too old to learn from a real Master.
Some time ago I made comparisons with Belts, I got some very interesting results, but when I see this fascinating solution, I think, I missed the target by a mile.

Belt Comparison

... is already desperately looking for 2 more Micro Seiki RY5500 motor drives to finally enter Nirvana. Problem is, those motors are too large to fit in the spaces between his armbases and the rack is too small too.

Well, well, here you see my experiment for the

sonical Nirwana.

"Thomas did something that was amazing. He listened to one motor, two motors, 3 motors, multiple belts and came up to the conclusion that 3 motors with one belt sounded better."

You skipped the process of him listening to THREE side of the belt touching the platter, and then TWO sides, and the finally ONE side to reach nirvana.

I have nothing against TW, it could be a different brand and all I saw was a turntable with a rather curious belt arrangement that I never saw before so I asked a simple question. Why? So far no convincing answer. Even more curious, is that the manufacturer no longer have such configuration. And I have to ask why again. Was it a flop and had to change course again? Are those 3-motor turntable owners still sticking to that belt arrangement? If change, what do you do with the extra motors?

___

Hey Dan,

There were two links posted by Hiho showing a wooden arm. In the second one (3rd post) the link "Titled TW Acoustic" links to a picture of the table with a DPS on it. The original post has a link to a different picture with an wooden arm on it that was later identified by Hiho.

dave