VPI Enthusiasts: Going Backwards?

I've got a VPI Scout with 300 RPM motor and a Dynavector XX2MKII. I've been looking to upgrade but have not found anything SUBSTANTIALLY better that is also not crazy expensive. While I've been waiting to demo the new Feikert Woodpecker I got to thinking about my old VPI HW-19 (I think it was the MKIII version--I don't recall it was a while ago!). I ran that with an Alpheson HRS-100 arm and Garrott Brothers P-77--it was lovely. This has me thinking about going back to a HW-19 and maybe outfitting it with a really nice arm like an SME V and perhaps a Lyra Delos or my Dyna XX2. I'd also run an SDS to control the motor. Is this a crazy idea? If not, which iteration of the HW series do I want and what arm and cartridge would get the best out of this table? Are there additional upgrades available for these tables that take them beyond the sound quality obtainable when they were current models? I'm looking for a neutral sound with great speed stability and expansive soundstage and dynamics. Comments?
dodgealum
Slaw said,

"s that a TT Weights ring would be far superior to VPI's."

Why?

Wendell
From what I understand, copper is a better material for this application than stainless steel, everyone I've read or talked to says that stainless "rings". From all the "user" postings I've read, this is their conclusion also.
Also, stainless is less expense to machine, therefore this is probably why Harry ultimately chose this material, assuming he even looked in to copper. Larry, at TT Weights is choosing his products solely on sound quality. My assumption is also, that Larry's stuff is machined to tighter tolerances.
Hopefully, someone who has used both will contribute their experience.

Wendell