DBP-10 Protractor Instructions......

I just got it and I cannot grasp this. I'm not an engineer.
I have a VPI JMW9 on my Scout.
I found the data specs on the web.
I own a caliper and a scale for the tracking force.
Someone please walk me through this in layman's terms.
I'm even open to a phone call at your convenience.
What am I, a rocket scientist?
dreadhead
First, just read the instructions, from start to finish, including the examples.

Then, just take it one step at a time.
It is not a very intuitive system, but it does work, and work very well. I've used it for several years, (including half a dozen alignments), and have gotten excellent results with it every time.

Good Luck!

Sincerely,

Wernher Von Braun
I have used the DB systems protractor for close to 30 years. I agree with Kurt tank 100%, but would add be patient and it will pay off. Good Luck
Buy a Mint LP protractor made specifically for this arm; much easier and very accurate. It really dialed in my arm and comes with a very good magnified glass to really see if positioned properly.
Dear Hifimaniac: +++++ " protractor made specifically for this arm. " +++++

IMHO there is no protractor " made specifically for this arm ". What exist are different geometry cartridge/tonearm set up: Stevenson, Löfgren, Baerwald, Pisha, etc with different standard values: DIN or IEC and even you can choose your owns.

If you want you can kage your own protractor or two or three " different " protractors and test in your rig and decide which one of those geometry cartridge/tonearm set up works best for you.

The Mint is only one of multiple geometry set up options that could works in your rig and maybe not the best one.
All those geometry options has its own trade offs, there is no perfect geometry in a pivot tonearm where distortions all over the LP playing surface be at minimum.

Over the net there are Stevenson, Baerwald or Löfgreen Calculators where you can choose whatever you want and make your own protractor with the Calculator values. Even on Vinyl Engine you can get free different geometry protractors.

You don't need to be Von Braun to work about.

regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.