Vinyl reissues quality

I have purchased 10-12 rock/pop/female vocal vinyl reissues lately and the surface noise on about 30% of them is loud enough to be distracting. The surface noise isn't the occassional click and pop but ranges from a constant crackling to constant low roar almost like tape hiss. Cleaning helps some but does not solve the problem. I have LP's from my college days that are 30 years old and are quieter than the brand new 180 gram virgin vinyl reissues. Am I unlucky or are others experiencing the same?
sgunther
Stevecham - yes I have noticed that many times there are what look like residue lines that run across the outer radius of the LP, sometime only one and sometimes two on opposing sides and you can hear it when the stylus passes through these areas. At first I thought iI could remove by cleaning - not. Worst offenders - Cat Stevens, Tea for the Tillerman, I took the first one back and exchanged and the second one was actually worse. Recently send The Eagles, Hell Freezes Over back hoping replacement is better.On the other hand Clapton, Unplugged and Van Morrison Moondance sound great. The best overall is a 30 year old MoFi release of John Klemmer's Touch that I recently purchased here on agon.
I think, most of these problems are not from vinyl (maybe sometimes, but not in general), probably the output numbers from the press factory forces them to shorten cooling process and following steps. Or Know How is gone, who knows.

I have to say that lately - Pallas absolutely sucks.

All of the Wilco reissues were awful - I tried 3 different times, and they were always warped.

Sara Watkins' solo LP was terribly warped, and I returned that one.

The Jimi Hendrix reissues were actually pretty flat and quiet.
I have bought a few new re-issue lps lately and its been hit and miss. Definately better luck with german, japanese and british pressings. I have reverted back to sourcing good used lps and am having better luck with them than the re-issues. I have bought some great re-issues but not for the most part. I seriously beleive the quality of the vynil is the main source much like happened in the latter 70's during the oil crisis. I would rather pay 50 to a 100 for a descent original pressing than be stuck with a 25 to 50 dollar reissue that is lifeless in both sound and by sitting dead on a shelf un-used. Classic records hit and miss and their high price in my opinion is why they are not anymore. Maybe AcousTech will do a better job. I have a few of their re-issues that are excellent still retaining the life that vynil gives. Cheers!
I have purchased lps from Vinyl Lovers (Mayall, John Cale) and they are excellent pressing - no pops, ticks, or other surface noise.