Fozgometer?

Just yesterday read in Stereophile about this new tool for setting azimuth electrically. Sounds interesting, but also IMO is slightly borderline for myself to decide whether the cost ($250) would justify buying such a tool?

Downside with myself, is my Arm is not adjustable in azimuth, unless I maybe throw a Pipe Wrench on the Armtube?

Still, would be interesting to get other's opinions, and hopefully soon, some user's accounts of such a tool? Mark
markd51
Have any of you tried another independent method to compare the results obtained with the Fozgometer? For example, measuring crosstalk in each channel using a voltmeter with the same 1kHz test tones used for the azimuth calibration using the Fozgometer. Presumably the crosstalk difference (from measured voltages) is close to a minimum when the Fozgometer readings are the same (??)
I used a Fluke DDM today to check Azimuth on my rig. I used a 1k left and right signal through my EAR 834p to the DDM. I had the DDM set to millivolts. I had the adjustment close by using the human ear method. I was off by a slight amount and set Azimuth to equal amounts of millivolts on the quiet channel. I do believe i m getting a wider stage and better sound now. From what i ve read it may have been easier to do this adjustment with a Fozgometer but it can be done with a DDM also.
Someone told me there is software on a Mac to do this running the phono leads in through a phono jack with two RCAs on it.
From what i ve read it may have been easier to do this adjustment with a Fozgometer but it can be done with a DDM also.

The only problem is that with a DMM you are sensitive to broadband noise when measuring the small crosstalk signal. Some portion of the signal you measure may be simply noise not crosstalk. If you use the spectrometer method I suggested earlier in this post you circumvent this problem