Is There An "Absolute" Best Cartridge?

Dear friends: We can read through different threads/posts in this forum that people always want/ask to know for the " best " " audio item " that IMHO and till today does not exist in " absolute " meaning.
Well I already have and I'm " living " a unique experience that makes me to share with all of you what IMHO could be in Absolute terms " the best cartridge ever ".

Please read this Technics EPC-P100C-MK4 information that could help you for you can share with us your experiences/thoughts on the subject of this thread:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?eanlg&1200430667&openflup&1827&4#1827

Thank you in advance.
Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Ag insider logo xs@2xrauliruegas
Dear Pedrillo: That " call " is for Technics.

Today we have several cartridge designers and as I told in the cartridge review my highest hope is that some one of them take " his time " to design not only a cartridge that can even the quality performance of the Technics one but that beat it.
Only the times to come could tell if this can be a reality.
In begin I think that sooner or latter will appear a new today cartridge design that deserve to be name it " the best ".

Raul.
Hi Raul,it would be nice,but then most of us couldn't afford it,unless Technics would design one or make the EPC-100MKIV again,maybe it would be more affordable for the average audiophile?
Raul,

Would there be enough gain in a 40dB MM phono stage (like youe Essential 3160) to handle the EPC-P100CmkIV's 1.2mv output? Or do you run the cartridge into a MC phono stage with 54dB gain?
Dear Driveman: Enough gain with no noise/distortions. Even the Essential 3160 can handle even a little lower MM/MI output level designs through its MM phono stage.

You don't need the MC dedicated stage not only because of gain but because the MM dedicated stage was designed to cope the MM/MI specific/precise needs that are different from the LOMC needs.

Raul.
Dear Travbrow: What if you or any one else can't put his hands on that Technics cartridge any more?
how about the second-third " the best " that you can buy in NOS condition today?

yes, I'm refering to the " ridiculous low price " Azden YM-P50VL cartridge.

Buy it while it last, this kind of opportunity does not comes " every day " and the seller stock is not " infinite " but low one: is an out of production item.

Of course that if you think like other persons that before invest ( 200.00 ) in an audio item wants that other 10-15 persons recommended then you lose the only opportunity that you have to enjoy it.

Raul.