Empire 208 turntable

Is this a worthwhile investment at $500? belt is new as is cart. Tonearm in fine condition although I've read it's best change it. Mechanically in excellent shape. Cosmetically fine. Just wondering wondering what the concensus is about this table.
calbrs03
Those tweaks are effective. Another is to replace the plinth with something that ain't a gong or, at least, use more of the damping compounds on its underside.

Also, remove the motor cover when using the TT.

Kal
Interesting. So it rings, does it. I've ways of taking care of that. Plinth could be a major endeavor, but perhaps there's a median between damping and a different arm. I thought it was a really good find, and it's just down the street from me. Thanks for your help.
There are quite a few guys at Audiocircle that have modded their Empire TTs. Check the archives.
Herbie has a mat for the 208 and you don't have to mess around with the 45rpm adapter area. Heard no difference lifting the motor cover.
When we made our new plinth the difference was immediately audible. Its machined out of solid aluminum and fits all the old parts except the arm. You can treat the old plinth with damping materials, but the stiffer you can make the coupling from the platter bearing to the base of the arm the better.