Are scratch LPs part of the game ?

Hi guys,

I noticed that some of my new LPs after a few weeks of playing gets some fine and medium scratches.
I'm very careful when removing them in and out of their plastic/paper sleeves.
despite of them i can see some scratches on the LP surface.
Is there a technique in handling these so that there will be no scratches at all ?
Although the scratches are not deep enough for the needle to jump or skip. It just irritating.
Is this part of the game or is there proper method of handling them ?
I also feel sometimes on brand new sealed LPs that when you remove an LP back from the sleeve that there is some sort of friction between the LP and sleeve-possibly some scratches happening. Again, is this something that can be done to minimize the scratches or this is part of law of physics (Friction) ?
Hoping some enlightenment.

Cheers-Noli
nolitan
No, it is not always part of the game. On old LP's that I buy used I will have scratches but they are not inevitable on LP's that don't have scratchs when I get them. I have lp's that I have had for years and played dozens of times and no scratches. I use a cleaning machine, I always use new sleeves, even on new LP's, I never touch the record surface with my hands, I use a carbon brush before each playing and I keep my turntable mat clean. If I have audible scratches on new LP's that are noticable I usually exchange it for a new one.
Thanks for your response Davt , I was wondering how it could be accepted as part of the game. I,m with you , I have 40 year old plus LP,s that are almost flawless under bright light. I clean mine right out of the sleeve new or used (and put them in a new mofi sleeve) before I play them on my turntable and always clean(dust) the platter before an lp sits on it and keep the stylus clean. Might seem anul to some or impossible but when you realize how hard they are to find and replace a mint lp its not that hard to be motivated. That and the fact I feel a responsability to respect the person who owned the lp for decades and kept it in mint shape then shipped it on top of that for me to enjoy, to at least do the same. Cheers!
Its "yes" for me. No matter how carefully I handle LP's I always have some new tick,or pop during the next play. It always pisses me off...just like the always present "sicko" who waits for the quietest, tenderest part of the concert to cough, sneeze, or blow his nose.
Agree with Davt, Has2be and Hifihvn.

My cleaning/handling regimen is similar to Has2be's. Every LP gets cleaned before the first play, whether new or used. Every cleaned LP gets a new MoFi inner sleeve and an outer sleeve too. Then it's a matter of careful handling.

Of our 4K LP's only a tiny number (probably < 10) have any more scratches than the day we got them, always due to doing something stupid in a careless moment.

Scratches are not inevitable if you develop a sound routine and practice it rigorously. Boring, but effective.