Cartridge for the JMW 10.5i

I've been looking for a cartridge to replace my Shelter 501 which I never really liked neither on the JMW 9 Signature nor the JMW 10.5i. It sounds better on the latter though with 3 grams added mass... Nevertheless, no matter what I do I can't get rid of some graininess and sibilance on some LPs (not only SH but new as well) and I simply refuse not to listen to my record collection because of this.

Also, in my system Shelter 501 sounds as if there were three separate layers of frequencies that don't mix really well because the midband was a bit thinner, although when the recording is good (let's say MoFi Aimee Mann How Am I Different...) there's nothing wrong with it and it's excellent.

I'm looking for a warm sounding cartridge that will be a good tracker and one that will serve vocals and winds/brass and acoustic instruments well.

I was looking at the Dynavector (from XX2 to DV-1), ZYX (Fuji - 4D), Transfiguration Phoenix, Koetsu Rosewood.
I was suggested to consider Soundsmith and Lyra as well...

Will my tonearm be able to optimize any of those cartridges or should I look somewhere else...
128x128janhavjar
Change the tonearm.

VPI makes decent tables.

The tonearms are a different story.
I would recommend a Benz Micro cartridge based on your requirements. Look at the ACE models or the Wood body models if your budget allows.
I could never get my Scoutmaster or Aries to the point that I liked them either. Both always seemed to have a bright sound to me. I also did the changing out of many components in the analog sectionf my set up to get rid of it. My Clearaudio tables (Performance, Solution, Champion II) never had that sound, so I had decided to switch to a Sota, rebuilt Technics or AR, and then at the last minute, after reading all of the glowing reviews, bought a VPI Classic.

I have not been sorry at all. I love this table. After I read how Harry at VPI researched the sound of dozens of old rigs that were built as a system, I decided to try this. I wanted to avoid the upgrade merry go round with a table that was simple to set up and use, and didn't require constant upgrade tweeking. This is it, I love this table and it has a great sweet, full, rich sound with excellent pace and extension.

It's a great table.
BTW, in anticipation of the flame throwers and owner/defenders, don’t shoot the messenger; look at the reality of the situation.

People who really know analog speak with their wallets. All that’s required is a search of Audiogon’s most knowledable vinyl enthusiasts i.e. albertporter, dertonarm, syntax, teres, thomackris, dougdeacon, rauliruegas, viridian, downunder, t_bone, etc. and see what tonearm(s) they employ.

You won’t find a jmw among them.
What phono amp do you use. Has it crossed your mind that the problem may be the phono amp and not the cart?