Continuum Caliburn - really the best TT on earth?

I have read so many good things about the Caliburn but also figured out that this table needs some care (software, o-ring, air suction etc.) To my knowledge they have improved the table over the last three years.

Is there anyone out who has experience with this table besides of audio shows -meaningly having tested the Caliburn with the Cobra and e.g. a Lyra system within a very good chain? Is there any reason not to go for a Caliburn?
thuchan
Hi Thuchan, great to know the table is breathing and living in your home. I have to ask, what is the belt material? Are you married to the builder's decision here? Does it place any pressure on the platter? What is the relationship to its friction component of tension vs. "stickiness"?

All my best from your west,

Peter
I am married Peter, yes - but not to Continuum. They are using a somehow transparent belt which fits quite well. One could also use a VPI round belt. I am not sure about the material. We have to search for. You can move the motor unit just a little to raise the tension - but it`s all right. Experimenting here needs to dismount the arm and remove the cover.

here is a closer pic of the Continuum belt

http://picasaweb.google.de/lh/photo/RD60Hg3DnfiNeevifG98GA?feat=directlink
I got the information of which material the belt is, it is Pyrathane (see article of MF March 2008).

I read in Mike Fremers article that the feet of the Criterion are very special and keep vibrations under control.
This they do not very good as my experiment with RDC-feet showed. I am using the lower half of the RDC feet of Clearlight-Audio putting it under the Criterion feet - and the result is a dramatic one. All quiet at the western front!

Maybe this was a kind of saving measurement by Continuum in contrast to the Caliburn concept.

http://picasaweb.google.de/lh/photo/tksLGRX4sT9DLC0eOZVEKw?feat=directlink
Good tuntable VERY VERY OVERPRICED!!

so a Magico Mini 2 owner is calling a tt overpriced, that's rich.

btw, i'm not saying that the Magico, or any product, is overpriced. just that if one sees $30k value in a small 2-way, then one should be understanding of a $60k tt.