Rickie Lee Jones "Pop Pop"

Despite this album being one of the better recordings in my collection, I still find Rickie's voice on the track "I'll be seeing you" to be so irritating when she hits the higher notes. Is it just me or does her voice sound so irritating? Most other cuts are fine.
jimbojrjb
i really enjoy this recording. i have no issues with it at all. it's quiet and clean throughout. i really enjoy her style and her interpretations of songs. another winner is "it's like this" lp or cd, both sound fantastic.
Yes, "It's like this" on double 45 12" is awful! Both in sound as in performance as well.

Another admirer of RLJ's music...
Love the recording and performance. Found that it really improves with a good destat from the Bedini. Rolls the rough off and opens up everything.

Have owned the album since its debut and found its sonic character to change dramatically depending on which system I've had at the time.
I have many of her recordings and find her hopelessly mannered, with "Pop Pop" being among the worst. So why do I keep buying them? Beats me :-)
I 've just finished to play "Pop Pop" again. The track in question, "I'll be seeing you" is, in my ears, not irritating or inconvenient at all. Instead it is true that RLJ puts a lot of energy in her voice when she raises it. Fast increase too.
The recording has caught it very well: naturalness, as Recordho already has noted. Together with it's kind of rawness (and the reverb in the mixing) her voice could cause dazzling sound in some systems with lesser resolution. This kind of irritation?

I'm not shure, what record of her is my favorite. I'm rather listening to a couple of tracks from various albums.

BTW: has "Traffic from paradise" ever being issued on vinyl?