Woofers getting workout, but no bass

I'm puzzled: I'm noticing just about every LP I've played in the past couple days has my 10" woofers moving like mad, but not in time with the music and regardless of whether there's any audible bass.

I can only conclude that I have subsonic frequencies occuring (my phono stage doesn't have a filter). What would cause this?

Relevant components:
Speakers: Wilson Sophia 2's
Turtable: TW Acustic Raven One
Phono stage: Tron Seven

Thanks in advance.
madfloyd
Agree with Vandermeulen and others. Don't change your table, tonearm or cartridge. There's almost no chance that would reduce woofer pumping.

I find Kevin's suggestion regarding damping fluid rather odd. Perhaps it would help on one of his tonearms, I don't know them, but it wouldn't on a TriPlanar, at least IME.

Did you experience less woofer pumping when you had the Doshi preamp in your system (if you remember)? Compared to our c-j, the Alaap reduced WP a lot. Nick doesn't include a rumble filter per se, but his circuit is designed to roll off around 16 Hz or so IIRC, which helps.
Thanks, Doug. I did remove the damping fluid as I didn't like what it did to the sound (I've now removed the damping trough as well).

I wish I knew whether the Doshi worked better in this regard, but it was only recently that I removed the lower grills; I have no idea how long this has been going on.

I did try an old Project Tube Box SE II phono stage that I still have - it has a subsonic filter (18hz with 24db slope) and that worked (not that I would use it as my phono stage).
it has a subsonic filter (18hz with 24db slope) and that worked

there is the answer. there are a few highend stages that have built in filters. Tom Evans comes to mind
Dougdeacon said, "Nick doesn't include a rumble filter per se, but his circuit is designed to roll off around 16 Hz or so IIRC, which helps."

Is that not a subsonic filter?

Bob
"Is that not a subsonic filter?"

Technically, perhaps not, but essentially the same effect most likely from a practical perspective, and perhaps not switchable in/out. Probably a good thing still.