Time to move on from my old SOTA ?

With a $1500 budget, should I refurbish my vintage gear or update to a modern set-up? HISTORY: In the early 80's, I assembled a SOTA Saphire, Lustre GTS 801 arm and a Dynavector "Ruby" cartridge...I have not used the table for years and it needs to be sent back to SOTA for service and repair. I have been out of the loop for so long... Do I invest my time and money into refurbishing/updating my old set-up or move on to a newer package like the Marantz TT 15S1 with arm and cartidge...ready to go. Moreover, where would I be if I invested my budget into my old gear, how would it compare with what's out there today? Any suggestions/opinions? Thanks for your read...
larseand
If its in your budget have Kirk bring it up to new spec. What has been said about 80's technology is silly. It was ahead of its time with a jeweled bearing, pendulum suspension, excellent motor etc. Not much out there can beat it refurbed without spending lots more money.
Thanks for your input everyone. I'm going to send my old friend back to Chicago for an update.
I have the Star and while most would wax enthusiastically about its sonic merits, I would, if given the chance financially, replace it with a suspensionless table. Quite frankly, I never really found the vacuum to be an asset and more of a pain in the rear than anything.
My Sota's have always been dead silent with the vacuum accessory. I've owned three over the years. One was reconditioned at Sota and it performed terrifically when I sold it. I always use the Sota clamp. Love my current NOVA. For my tastes SOTA tables outperform units costing quite a lot more.