Technics SP-10 Tonearm Pod instead of Plinth/Base

Trawling through the Audiogon forums for information on a suitable Plinth for a Technics SP-10, I came across a post by Raul.
Instead of putting the SP-10 in a plinth, he just put the TT on three feet and then had constructed a separate base that only housed the tonearm. (I haven't seen a pic of this BTW)
Following on from Raul's 'Thinking outside the square' approach, I thought I might be able to buy, or have made, a stand-alone 'pod' or rectangular tonearm plinth that could sit along side the SP-10. Has anyone seen something like this that I could buy 'off-the-shelf'?
The advantage of this is that the tonearm is decoupled from the TT and therefore distanced from any vibrations generated by the TT.
A down side is getting the right geometry for the tonearm in relation to the distance from the spindle; and then keeping the pod in the right spot.
If this is all too hard, I might still go with a plinth. I notice an E-Bay seller in Taiwan is offering a Teak plinth cut for the SP-10. Anyone bought one of those?
All comments welcomed!
dsa
The age comment was a dig at myself BTW just in case I invoke the ire of a million baby boomer audiophiles...
I don't think Grand Prix Audio has made themselves rich out of designing the Direct Drive Monaco turntable at 20K.

There is no way in hell that any of the Japanese companies will make any high end turntables for such little perceived returns.

Downunder: Yes, I agree. However, now I'm talking about a small operator who buys 2nd hand (or new) SL1200s, pulls them apart and re-births them as a top flight deck with a different arm, plinth, power supply etc. Hello Sound HiFi UK! Are you listening? Take the next step.

As for the GP audio. Nice. Tad overpriced. Yet, for the first 'X' amount of units, they won't make much moola.

BTW- I'm glad to see you chimed-in 'DOWNUNDER'. Could you get some comments onto the other thread I have started? It's about 12" SME arms. It would be great to hear from someone who is into rock/alernative. How does a SME 12" go with that style of music?
Dsa - not sure I can add any value to the SME thread.

I own the Ortofon AS-309 12 inch arm. Sounds fine with rock/alternative however. Just been playing some new Morrissey & Bloody Beetroots on it.
Who said SPU's can't rock!!
Dsa, You wrote, "I'm talking about a small operator who buys 2nd hand (or new) SL1200s, pulls them apart and re-births them as a top flight deck with a different arm, plinth, power supply etc." By the time they did that, why bother with the SL1200 at all? And you left out the element that makes the biggest difference between, say, an SP10 Mk2 and an SL1200 - the motor. Fact is it would be best to start with a clean sheet, if you want to transcend the SL1200 by a wide margin, and then you are inevitably going to be the in Grand Prix Monaco price category. The SL1200 is capable of fine performance and will probably have to do for those who insist on buying new gear. By the way, if the business you specifically named were to get into the SL1200 upgrade game, the resulting modifications would probably cost enough to pay for an excellent SP10 Mk2. I think they already have a $400 bearing upgrade available, or so I have read.