How do I match a stand alone motor with a stand...

How do I match a stand alone motor with a stand alone table. Both different brands.
Why parameters should I consider?

thx
rapogee
Huh. I recently bought a VPI stand alone stainless steel motor for my "stand alone" table. Never did any calculations and it worked perfectly. I of course added their SDS for even better speed accuracy/stability but it sounded wonderful without. (I had another stand alone motor that had different pulley size and it worked too). Maybe I just got lucky?
I have a clearaudio reference motor and a scheu table with a heavy platter. I will find out the details and update.
Thanks
The VPI HRX or the standard VPI TNT V - motor together with the (I think ) indispensable SDS are a sure bet and will suit all platters if not the ones with outstanding diameter.
Sidssp gave the formula - it always a function of the RPM, and the two diameters - pulley (flywheel...) and platter.
Line voltage AC - better its related frequency - can be an issue if the correct motor speed is directly controlled by and founded on the AC line frequency.

The - good value for the money - SDS surely is a problem solver for these matters.