What's your favorite Turntable tweak?

I know that this is a huge topic, but what's your favorite tweak (or if you consider it a necessity) for obtaining the maximum from your analog rig?

This can be anything from a new record mat, to vibration control (ie, ginko clouds), to alignment tools, vinyl cleaners (favorite vacuums, cleaning fluids, brushes, etc), record sleeves, anti-static guns, etc.

Along with your recommendation, please feel free to mention specific brands that you recommend.

In advance, thanks for your input!
louisl
I would think anything that you do in anyway that makes a system sound better is a tweek.
Raul, I'm talking about anything...including cartridge, tonearm, actual turntable, alignement tools, cleaners, etc, etc.)
Dear Louisl: +++++ " It's good to be back. Now, I just want to get the most out of what I have. " +++++

a come back to analog always is a " experience ", especialy that today our each one audio system is better than 10 years ago.

I can see that you care about music and I assume this looking to your system where your CDP choice was a very good one ( and expensive one. ) that you run directly to your amp.

Now, you say that you want to get the best of what you have and in this case for me " what you have " is your LP collection.

If you want to stay with the MMf-7 that is a decent TT/tonearm IMHO the choice of phono cartridge is critical and if I was you I will try a MM type one that are really friendly with the tonearm matching, there are several choices ( vintage and today models. ) about that can work just fine with your tonearm.
If you want to stay with the MMf my first " move/tweak " ( after hearing it. ) will be to make a tonearm internal re-wiring ( I don't know how " friendly " is that tonearm for make this change. ) and try a record mat ( some MMF owners " swears " for the ringmat. ) where there are many choices that you have to test till you decide which one is the best for you.

You will need a Phono stage and a line stage to pass the cartridge signal to your amplifier.

The choice of a MM type cartridge could make your " life " more easy because you don't need a high gain phono stage or additional SUT for the cartridge that in case you choose a LOMC cartridge you will need more gain stages where the cartridge signal must pass and where the cartridge signal be degraded.
You have to take in count that your speakers are of high sensitivity type where the higher noise ( between other tings. ) on a MC phono stage ( due to the low output level in a MC cartridge. ) interfere in higher manner than the same phono stage working/handling a MM cartridge ( that is a high output level item. ) and you will hear that " interference ".

So the MM cartridge choice could be a nice option for you. It not only have those advantages but its quality performance compete with any other cartridge designs.

If you can try to find a Phonolinepreamp, I mean a integrated unit with phono and line stages in the same unit where you don't need additional cable/connectors that not only means more money but more important that means that the cartridge signal will be degraded through that additional cable/connectors where must pass.

IMHO what I posted here are a necessity more than tweaks, as a fact almost all " prefered " tweaks were already posted for the other thread's contributors.

Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
My fav tweek is to place a penny on top of the cartridge shell. Oh, wait....is it still 1971???