Glanz moving magnet cartridges

Hi,

I have just acquired an old Glanz G5 moving magnet cartridge. However, I cannot find out any details about this or the Glanz range or, even the company and its history.

Can anyone out there assist me in starting to piece together a full picture?

Any experiences with this or other Glanz's; web links; set up information etc would be warmly received. Surely someone knows something!

Thanks in hope
dgob
The king is dead , long live the king. Or rather the frog become the princess thanks to my Glanz collection and some Aussie prince. Comparing the last 5 or so contributions with the MM thread caused those associations. If whoever is interested in compliments exchange between the Mexican and Harold the barren one can see the 'why' for himself.
What we need in addition is the Professor, Lew, Flieb (in Don's notation) and more. To provide the substance , cause or occasion I am willing to borrow my Glanz colection to
those mentioned. Then we will be complete again while Dgob's thread can florish with humorous AND informative content.
Vetterone is also welcome but we (aka he and I) need to first agree about one of his plinths ...

Regards,
Dear Nikola,
The Bavarian audiophiles (and the Japanese) know their onions......
The fact is that most people never have heard a Fidelity Research FR-66s tonearm in their system or a 'known' set-up.....yet so many feel the need to disparage it?
Only when you hear one....with almost any cartridge you care to choose.....will the 'light' come on.....
There is no other arm I've heard (apart from the Cobra and Copperhead) which has the control and authority over LOMCs and MMs equally.....to be truly called a 'Universal' tonearm?
But the Cobra and Copperhead do not have interchangeable headshells and are such a pain technically to set up with any cartridge....that I could not recommend them for those with multiple cartridges.
This is a shame as the Copperhead is probably the best tonearm I've ever heard with each and every high-compliance MM I've mounted.
Just behind the Copperhead in magical synergy with MMs....is the SAEC-8000/ST...and it DOES have interchangeable headshells :-)
It is however not such a good match for heavy LOMCs.

So if anyone wants the very best genuine Universal tonearm which takes interchangeable headshells and is a breeze to set up.....there is really no competition for the FR-66s IMHO.
And for those who might want one in perfect condition.....they need to be prepared to pay heavily for the privilege?
But that is the mark of excellence....and only 'time' can bestow this quality.
Hi Don,
I didn't realise that you also had joined the Glanz club?
It's good to read your thoughts.....and gratifying for me that you 'get' my comments? :-)

Nikola is unlike most Slavs (who actually say what they think) in that he kept making snide remarks about the quantity of 155Lc styli I owned?
How was I to realise he meant for me to share around my stash?
The 'ruse' of sending me the Glanz cartridges was a brainwave on his part....and it worked a treat :-)

I am however anticipating a muted reaction from this Dutch/Serb who distinctly prefers the sounds of LOMCs?
Dear Henry,If one compare your use of languge by describing my Glanz collection with the language you used to describe your AT 155 Cl stylus one will get a clear picture about the distinction between prose and lyrics. I got the feeling that I need to abandon my atheistic convintion, knee-deep for the Almighty and thank him for the immeasurable luck to have at last got the treasure. And well as exchange for my abundant Glanz 51L. But if scarcity has anything to do with ecomics and prices the fact that you own 6 (!) of those AT 155 CL styli
while nobody except Nikola was able to get one of those 51 L one may get some different perception about the swap involved. And, speaking about economics, in those difficult
economic times an architect NEED to be very inventive in order to sell his stuf. No wonder then that some lyrical capabilities are developed.
Now about the Germans. It is a known fact that they made and love heavy armors. The 'big Berta' ( the cannon) and those huge Panzers should provide some mind images. I myself call my ASR gear ( EmitterII and Basis exclusive) my 'German artillery'. I ever considered to by an Kalashnikov in Bosnia for $250 or the FR-66 to defend myself. The price difference should make it easy to guess what my choice was. So I can understand ,as I already mentioned, the 'German group' inclination reg. 'big guns' but had no idea about similar militaristic inclination buy the Aussie.

Regards,
Hello Henry,

It is true that our Serbian Comrade does like his 'artillery' large. Just ask him about his favorite melons!
It would appear that our warrior brother lured you into a trap with his tempting Glantzs only to reap the rewards of a AT155.
He is a sly one! He has been spending his latest hours listening to his AT150 ANV. cartridge. It just might 'force' him to rethink his preference for those LOMC's. But his Serbian pride might keep him from ever admitting it to us! (grin)

Regards,
Don